Perform the day to day order fulfillment functions; including picking, quality assurance, packing, rating, dunnage/taping and shipping.
Read correct SKU, quantity and location from pick sheets/orders, go to the correct location in the warehouse, pull the required product and quantity; return product to sorting area.
Wrapping/Fragile (Quality Assurance):
Verify SKU and quantity of product for accuracy; wrap all fragile items in bubble and/or paper as required. Move product to correct location for packing.
Select the correct size box for product, pack product in box and push product down to rating station.
Verify # of boxes for order, scan order, scan box size, process and place appropriate label on order; move product to shipping station.
Fill boxes with the necessary amount of paper, fold box top and then move through the taping machine.
Verify the number of boxes and scan the rated label on each package to produce a shipping label. Process any special shipping requests (such as third party bills) in the correct manner, place packages on the correct pallet or in the correct bin for appropriate shipping carrier.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for performing at your highest level with or without direct supervision.
- Communicate with department Manager to ensure any order fulfillment issues are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Update job codes within the time clock system as you move from one job function to another throughout your day.
- Performs all duties in a manner that supports all safety policies.
- Adheres to all company policies and encourages peers to do the same.
- Proficient in operating all equipment within the South Line; including bagging, taping and dunnage machines as well as the computer system (shipping error station only).
- Perform any additional duties as required.
- Education: The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to work effectively & efficiently within a team environment.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with Management & Co-Workers.
- Computer experience a plus